- December: Time off. I need it badly, especially after the year I've had.
- First half of January: Re-reading what I have so far and re-assessing it in the light of some of the things I've been thinking about.
- Second half of January: Rewriting any existing text to bring it in line with changes to the plan.
- Feb.-Mar: Completing first draft.
- April-May-June: Editing and doing second draft.
- July: Finish and perform layout and composition.
- August: To printer so that it can be made available at AnimeFest '09.
Some of what I had in mind shifted during the course of writing it — new ideas suggested themselves, while old ones retreated heavily. A few of you reading this (and I think you know who you are) might get drafted into the service of helping me pull this beast together. It's rather lumpy right now, but not irreparably so.
My original impulse is just to follow what I have in mind right now all the way through to the end and see where it takes me, and then beat on it later if need be. If it means postponing the results until next year, so be it; I'd rather have this right than early.